Economic opportunity is the backbone of Tennessee. As your State Senator my number one job will be to work toward creating an environment that fosters the kind of growth that is critical for our state.
• Tennessee must never become an income-tax state.
• Tennessee must remove the barriers that hinder business’ ability to start and succeed.
• Tennessee has the opportunity to be at the center of our nations economic recovery, I will fight to create an environment that works to promote growth and not stop it.
Education is the ticket to Tennessee’s future. We must:
• Offer choice to parents so they can find the best fit for their children. This includes promoting access to charter schools and home schooling.
• Put more power into the hands of local school districts.
• Hold teachers and schools accountable
As State Senator I will fight to protect traditional Tennessee values.
• I will protect the institution of marriage as that between one man and one woman.
• I am pro-life and will fight to protect the rights of the unborn.
• I am pro-2nd amendment and will work to protect the rights of Tennessee’s legal and responsible gun owners.
As a physician, I am uniquely qualified to tackle the problems of our healthcare system. I will:
• Work to end “The Affordable Healthcare Care Act” (Obamacare).
• Reform TennCare.
• Work for prescription drug reform in Tennessee and stop “pill mills.”